Coreegenda

From ويكي عربآيز
Jump to: navigation, search

Mar. 01, 2004 (Monday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 06:00 AM (UTC) [10:00 PM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status
    • [ASAP] Anmar to recommend latin font for Nadim to use (license OK ?)
    • [Feb 29] Anmar to have all configs in localcvs
    • [Feb 29] Anmar to have Arabbix docs/process in CVS (partly)
    • [Feb 29] Mohammed to release C++ port of duali
    • [Feb 29] Nadim to release ITL
    • [Mar 15] Mohammed to complete moayyad's sample chapter using XML/SGML
    • Mar 15] Youcef to outline a task-list of web things to do (direct workers)
  • Administrative issues
    • Backups happening nightly ?
    • Moving to Subversion ?
  • Various
    • KDE Coordination status.
    • Arabeyes Charter.
    • Are we making noise about attractive projects ?

Feb. 24, 2004 (Tuesday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 06:00 AM (UTC) [10:00 PM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status
    • [ASAP] Mohammed to start a thread on 'developer' on BiCon (release ?)
    • [ASAP] Anmar to recommend latin font for Nadim to use (license OK ?)
    • [ASAP] Nadim to conduct Q1.2004 ACE interview
    • [ASAP] Anyone to find missing "click.ae" interview video (.sa LUG ?)
    • [Feb 29] Anmar to have all configs in localcvs
    • [Feb 29] Anmar to have Arabbix docs/process in CVS (partly)
    • [Feb 29] Mohammed to release C++ port of duali
    • [Feb 29] Nadim to release ITL
    • [Mar 15] Mohammed to complete moayyad's sample chapter using XML/SGML
    • [Mar 15] Youcef to outline a task-list of web things to do (direct workers)
  • Administrative issues
    • Arabeyes Core emails (@arabeyes.org -- requirement?)
    • Dropping SGML for XML for all documentation
    • Use Wiki for meeting minutes/agendas ?
    • Backups happening nightly ?
    • Swish-e resolved (importance of dead-links) ?
  • Donations/Banking/Finances
    • Bank status (account ready) ?
  • Press and PR
    • Thoughts on how best to make alot more noise to get noticed ?

Feb. 16, 2004 (Monday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 06:00 AM (UTC) [10:00 PM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status
    • [ASAP] Anyone get missing press articles (2 lost + german one + newsforge)
    • [Feb 09] Anmar to point art.arabeyes.org to sina (vhosts apache)
    • [Feb 11] Mohammed to complete moayyad's sample chapter using XML/SGML
    • [Feb 13] Anmar to have all configs in localcvs
    • [Feb 13] Anmar to have Arabbix docs/process in CVS (partly)
    • [Feb 13] Nadim to look over the dictd logs, scripts and process
    • [Feb 16] Mohammed to modifiy/update developer guidelines
    • [Feb 29] Mohammed to document long-term fix for docbook/xml/sgml
    • [Mar 15] Youcef to outline a task-list of web things to do (direct workers)
  • Donations/Banking/Finances
    • What/How/When ? What about the .ae bank ? Done ?
    • PHP code ready for "donations - expenditures = balance" ?
  • Project updates/status
    • Arabbix
    • Fonts
    • Duali
    • BiCon
  • Various issues
    • 2004 Q1 Ace ? Nominations ?
    • Backups happening nightly ?


Feb. 1, 2004 (Monday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 06:00 AM (UTC) [10:00 PM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • [ASAP] Nadim to ping KACST about paid volunteers
    • [ASAP] Elzubeir to mail back need for more details on CD printing deal
    • [ASAP] Elzubeir to modifiy/update developer guidelines
    • [ASAP] Nadim to mail Elzubeir a list of online/net banks for investigation
    • [ASAP] Anyone to remove all PayPal links/info from webpages
    • [ASAP] Youcef to fully copy all external news articles locally
    • [Jan 28] Elzubeir to complete moayyad's sample chapter using XML/SGML
    • [Jan 28] Elzubeir to mail 'bicon' action plan
    • [Jan 29] Elzubeir to document long-term fix for docbook/xml/sgml
    • [Jan 31] Anmar to solve/push-for 'pserver solution
    • [Jan 31] Anmar to point art.arabeyes.org to sina (vhosts apache)
    • [Jan 31] Anmar to have all configs in localcvs
    • [Feb 1] Youcef to outline a task-list of web things to do (direct workers)
    • [Feb 1] Nadim to look over the dictd logs, scripts and process
    • [Feb 8] Anmar to have Arabbix docs/process in CVS
    • [Feb 29] Elzubeir to complete Duali's port to C/C++
    • [Feb 29] Nadim to release ITL post clean-up, docs
  • Post move clean-up
    • Various files in right directories ?
  • Donations/Banking/Finances
    • What/How/When ?


Jan. 26, 2004 (Monday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 06:00 AM (UTC) [10:00 PM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • => [Jan 17] Elzubeir to complete moayyad's sample chapter using XML/SGML
    • => [Jan 18] Elzubeir to mail 'bicon' action plan by Fri Jan 9
    • => [Jan 26] Youcef to build a list of newbies and assign them files/dirs
    • => [Jan 26] Anmar notes that CVS clean-up will be sorted out
    • => [Feb 1] Youcef to outline a task-list of web things to do (direct workers)
    • => Nadim to look into KDE sync issue
    • => Anmar to engage with Jad and the .lb guys (need a topic to talk about)
    • => Elzubeir to mail list of external accounts post move
    • => Elzubeir to mail 'developer' about long-term fix for docbook/xml/sgml
    • => Elzubeir to mail official reply to KACST paid volunteers (next ?)
    • => Anmar/Elzubeir to look into SSL web
    • => {Apr 1] Youcef to look into LDAP or mysql password management (internal)
  • Move final notes
    • All pending issues resolved ?
    • All configs/setups in localcvs ?
  • Project Status
    • Arabbix
    • Duali
    • ITL
    • others ?
  • Printing Arabbix on Pressed CD's
    • Please review archived email from Tariq Farooqi (.pk)
  • Longer term issues
    • Reinstate monthly status from project leaders ?
    • Developer guidelines being followed ?
    • Backups happening ?
    • Mirrors and how to mirror ?
    • sf.net account and mirror (structure) ?
    • All press clippings copied locally ?
    • Bank account and donations (non-profit) ?
    • T-shirts & memorabilia


Jan. 15, 2004 (Thursday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 06:00 AM (UTC) [10:00 PM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • => Nadim to ping/probe Munzir about upcoming conference
    • => Nadim to ping/probe Moayyad about his book
    • => Youcef to build a list of newbies and assign them files/dirs
    • => Elzubeir to automate KDE sync process (he's only one that's done it)
    • => Anmar to engage with Jad and the .lb guys
    • => Elzubeir to ping/probe Arafat.Med about uploading missing Gnome files
    • => Youcef to outline a short task-list of web things to do (direct workers)
    • => Elzubeir to mail 'bicon' action plan by Fri Jan 9
    • => Elzubeir to create list of external accounts post move
    • => Youcef to look into LDAP or mysql password management (internal)
  • Move completed
    • Any open issues/problems ?
    • What is left for clean-up ?
    • All configs/scripts/docs in CVS ?
  • Pending points
    • All need to refocus (answer mails and todo lists) !!
    • Project Priorities ?
    • SGML/XML issue and sample chapter, status ?
    • Web-admin and progress ?
    • ITL release, how to structure it ?


Jan. 5, 2004 (Monday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 06:00 AM (UTC) [10:00 PM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • => Elzubeir to send Mohammed Gamal quering him for role
  • Move status
    • Any open issues ?
    • Who's doing what ?
    • Ontrack for Jan 15 ?
  • Pending Points
    • SCS conference and presentation ?
    • Arabic SGML template, done ?
    • QAC off the ground ?
    • KDE lead ? Who/When ?
    • KDE/Gnome tree syncs ?
    • Website changes/updates happening ?
    • How to kick-off 'bicon' project ?
    • We need all external user/pass to be unified, how ?


Dec. 22, 2003 (Monday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 06:00 AM (UTC) [10:00 PM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • => Anmar to install moin-moin
    • => Anmar/Elzubeir to install bugzilla
    • => Elzubeir to have a server move guideline doc (TBD deadline)
    • => Anmar to move all configs regarding the server move to CVS
    • => Nadim to clarify process before next ACE (Q1.2004)
    • => Anmar to finish documentation effort (two weeks post move)
    • => Anmar to add components section to CVS (communitize project)
    • => Anmar to mail morphix's maintainer with news on mepis and thoughts
    • => Elzubeir to send Mohammed Gamal quering him for role
    • => Elzubeir to reply, "Collaboration is welcomed, NO mandate change"
    • => Elzubeir to query SCS how best to proceed (who'll present)
  • Move status
    • Any open issues ?
    • Ontrack for Jan 15 ?
  • Direction Check
    • Anything need attention (things that have fallen through cracks) ?
    • How to get Status from anonymous help ?
    • Developer Guide enforcement ?

Dec. 17, 2003 (Wednesday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 06:00 AM (UTC) [10:00 PM (pacific)] BR

  • The MOVE to sina
    • when?
    • who does what?
  • ACE
    • need contingency plan when things fall through the cracks
    • e.g. questions must be archived during communication so if interviewer fails to follow someone can pick up
  • Arabbix
    • where do we stand?
  • KDE
    • who to take over? (two candidates so far, none serious enough?)

Nov. 19, 2003 (Wednesday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 06:00 AM (UTC) [10:00 PM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status?
    • Anmar to contact John (BE) to finalize hosting paperwork
    • Anmar to supply a more complete move TODO by Nov 15
    • Anmar to start a thread on this topic on 'general'
    • Nadim to contact Sabrine to conduct interview
  • Move plan/status/schedule
    • How best to get it done ASAP
  • Project Status
    • Translations ?
    • Arabbix ?

Nov. 12, 2003 (Wednesday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 05:00 AM (UTC) [9:00 PM (pacific)] BR

  • New host and move over
    • Status, schedule
  • How best to refocus and prioritize
    • How to shake things into action again ?
  • ACE
    • Decision or vote ?

Oct. 13, 2003 (Monday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 05:00 PM (UTC) [10:00 AM (pacific)] BR

  • Intel & Arabeyes Cooperation
    • Our list of 'demands'
  • Gitex 2003
    • What to expect
  • Arabbix
    • Schedule for release of scripts on CVS, etc. to re-create ISO

Sept 15, 2003 (Monday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 05:00 PM (UTC) [10:00 AM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status?
    • Anmar/Youcef agree to look into cashucard.com to form opinions [Sep 11]
    • Nadim to remove smilies from ISP/hosting doc [ASAP]
    • MohammedElzbeir to commit his evolution write-up so far [ASAP]
    • Anmar/Nadim to complete brief write-up on evolution and outcome
    • Anmar to write-up CVS account acquire procedures
  • Non-profit Status

Sept 08, 2003 (Monday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 05:00 PM (UTC) [10:00 AM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status?
    • Nadim to setup backup/mirroring meeting 1u deployment
    • Mohammed to continue search for banners/logos (final push !!)
    • Youcef/Anmar agree to look into cashucard.com to form opinions
    • Anmar to comment on email agreement to ISP for the 1U hosting
    • M.Elzubeir to write a brief on the irc session and outcome
  • Discusss External-tasks/welcome-email procedure ?
    • What needs to be written down ? By whom ?
  • Non-profit
    • Anmar any news (from friend) ?
    • M.Elzubeir any news (lawyer friends) ?

Aug 25, 2003 (Monday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 05:00 PM (UTC) [10:00 AM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • Nadim to setup backup/mirroring meeting 1u deployment
    • Mohammed to continue search for banners/logos
    • Nadim to puruse 'web admin' topic with Elzubeir for resolution
    • Youcef upon acknowledgment of new admin to plan things out
    • Youcef/Anmar agree to look into cashucard.com to form opinions
    • Anmar to forward all email correspondance about hosting for archiving
    • Anmar to update core on the status of the IBM 1U Insurance-Claim
    • Anmar to get the details of New Accounts Response from Youcef
    • Nadim to provide Anmar with the email to send to the ISP for the 1U hosting
  • Post-evolution meeting/topic
    • What's the party's outcome (need to post on our homepage)
  • Donations
    • Nonprofit status ?
  • New Projects
    • FreeBSD ports of Arabeyes projects [maintainer: Samy Bahra]

Aug 18, 2003 (Monday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 05:00 PM (UTC) [10:00 AM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • Nadim to setup backup/mirroring meeting upon Anmar's return
    • Mohammed to continue search for banners/logos
    • Youcef to setup a meeting to discuss all issues related to party
    • Nadim to mail new web admin requesting his status
    • Youcef upon acknowledgment of new admin to plan things out
    • Youcef/Anmar agree to look into cashucard.com to form opinions
  • Post-evolution
  • Site Issues
    • 1u available, hosting ?
  • Donations
    • Nonprofit status ?

July 30, 2003 (Wednesday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 05:00 PM (UTC) [10:00 AM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • Nadim to setup a backup/mirroring meeting (.dk/sf.net/etc)
    • Youcef agrees to setup a history page
    • Mohammed agrees to search for old banners/logos
    • Mohammed to email previous home of ACE (.eg)
    • Youcef to setup new pages
  • Party postmortem
    • Comments/observations ?
    • New contacts/projects - who to follow-up with ?
    • Conclusions ?
  • Site issues
    • New admin take-over, plan ?
    • ACE status
    • 'In the Press' articles locally (or to sf.net) copied ?
  • Donations
    • Nonprofit status ?
    • CashU (cashucard.com) a midterm option ?

July 23, 2003 (Wednesday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 05:00 PM (UTC) [10:00 AM (pacific)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • Youcef to be done with all website related php changes (July 10)
    • Elzubeir to ask .dk if they will mirror cvs and lists
    • Youcef notes he will do www/mysql mirroring (not CVS/mailing-lists)
    • Nadim to pursue backups and CVS/mailing-list mirroring
    • Elzubeir will 'rsync' CVS with Infared's machine
    • Elzubeir to modify 'cvs_log.py' so that files get CVS'ed on sf.net
    • Elzubeir to look into sf.net mailing-list problem
  • Admin work
    • Backups taking shape (locally/uploads)
    • New Site status
    • New "history" page (old banners/logos/etc)
  • ACE
    • New ACE status
    • Old ACE uploads to Arabeyes' site
  • Evolution party status (July 29)
    • "Deficiencies" file complete ?
    • List of non-technical invites complete ?
    • List of sites to announce party (l4a, forums, ??)
  • Donations
    • Did all ask respective countries about bank account requirements ?
    • Direction/Decision ?
  • New project pages
    • full_wordlist
    • i18n_apps (mozilla, Qt, etc)
    • arabic_fonts

June 19, 2003 (Thursday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 06:00 PM (UTC) [10:00 PM (.ae)] BR

  • The Move [Where are We Now?]
    • Everything a-ok?
  • Post-move admin'ing
    • Alternative home options (.dk, ibm)
    • Mirror setups
  • Core Members
    • Living up to the responsibility ?
    • New members ?
  • New projects
    • full_wordlist ?
    • fonts ?
  • Evolution party
    • Status, contact lists, etc

May 15, 2003 (Thursday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 07:00 PM (UTC) [10:00 PM (.bh)] BR

  • Hosting status
    • other options ?
    • mailing-lists & archiving ?
    • CVS checkin email ?
    • mirrors (sf, dk)
  • Website updates
    • Newbies being directed properly ?
    • TODO list management, comments ?
    • Official webadmin ? (elzubeir wants to resign post)
    • How we better divide-up/share the work load ?
  • Projects
    • KDE/Gnome status ?
    • QaMoose (DICTD server, anytime soon ?)
    • Duali (status, plan)

Apr 10, 2003 (Thursday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 10:00 PM (UTC) [1:00 AM+day (.bh)] BR

  • Hosting status
    • move lists to sf.net?
  • Website updates
    • TODO list management, date?
    • Official webadmin? (elzubeir wants to resign post)
  • QaMoose
    • DICTD server, anytime soon?
  • Duali
    • Not enough feedback (bad choice in db, bad publicity, no testers, or all?)

Mar 20, 2003 (Thursday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 10:00 PM (UTC) [1:00 AM+day (.bh)] BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • Check and update TODO_core file

Mar 13, 2003 (Thursday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 10:00 PM (UTC) [1:00 AM+day (.bh)] BR

  • Arabia.com
    • What's being asked/offered ?
    • Cooperation ?
  • Hosting update
  • Unicode membership
    • What are the requisites:
      • Tech. competence, internal contact(s), registration, money ?
  • Arabeyes Registration
    • What's new ?
  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • All - [ASAP] review Youcef's translation guide and comment
    • All - [ASAP] setup a time/place to discuss tr#9
    • Isam - [ASAP] continue with motken.com about their fonts
    • Nadim - [ASAP] update the QaMoose page about plans
    • Youcef - [ASAP] reply about islamic tools library
    • Isam - [ASAP] start 'developer' discussion Lyx fix/patch
    • Isam - [Mar 4] to update the Gnome tree and document the procedure
    • Isam - [Mar 5] to generate/mail a list of sites for banner deployment
    • Isam - [Mar 7] to generate a brief Kbabel tutorial
    • Youcef - [Mar 7] to complete translation guide
    • Isam - [Mar 10] provide a mentor/seminar plan
    • Nadim - [Mar 13] to polish translation guide
    • Elzubeir - [Apr 10] setup the dictd test server
    • ALL - [Apr 10] discuss/plan university campaign
    •  ?? - [??] translate into Arabic arabeyes.org's static pages

Mar 6, 2003 (Thursday)

Time: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Place: 10:00 PM (UTC) [1:00 AM+day (.bh)] BR

  • Project Status
    • QaMoose (dictd) -- what's the plan/timetable?
  • Seminars, Mentoring program
    • go, no-go ?
    • details - what/how/when/who ?
  • Web Hosting
    • Subhi's proposal (hosting for advertising)
  • New project
    • Hijri Class on CVS (where ? A new 'Islamic Tools Library' project ?)
  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • Elzubeir - [ASAP] kick-off KDE coordinator job (organize/plan/status/etc)
    • Elzubeir - [ASAP] to add to sf.net "patches" and "fonts" projects
    • Nadim - [ASAP] to setup an IRC meeting between Samy and Elzubeir
    • Isam - [mar 3] create .jo University list of contacts/names/emails/org
    • Isam - [mar 4] to update the Gnome tree and document the procedure
    • Nadim - [mar 4] to have a simpler more focused help.php page
    • Isam - [mar 5] to generate/mail a list of sites for banner deployment
    • Elzubeir - [mar 5] to update Duali webpage
    • Nadim - [mar 5] update the broken link on qamoose bugs' link
    • Elzubeir - [mar 6] to set a hard beta deadline release on duali
    • Isam - [mar 7] to generate a brief Kbabel tutorial
    • Youcef - [mar 7] to complete translation guide
    • Elzubeir - [mar 15] to complete the Artists (logo, banners, etc) guide
    • Elzubeir - [mar 30] to complete the developement guide
    • Isam - [??] to look into a complete lyx fix/patch
    •  ??/Isam - [??] continue with motken.com about their fonts
    •  ?? - to translate arabeyes.org's static pages
    • All - setup a time/place to discuss tr#9

Feb 27, 2003 (Thursday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 10:00 PM (UTC) [1:00 AM+day (.bh)] BR

  • Translation Projects
    • KDE, now what ?
    • Newbies coming online - have necessary info for 'em (FAQ, etc) ?
    • Translator and Developer (and Artist?) guides - when ?
    • 'how can I help?' link - dynamic/task_list and pointing to guides ?
    • Merge the 'Getting started' page to the guides ?
  • Project Status
    • Vim (webpage update) ?
    • Akka (webpage update)
    • Mandrake ?
    • Duali (webpage update) ?
    • Various patches (is push on to get them accepted ?)
    • Need periodic sanity check (webpage update) on each project (alive ?)
  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • Isam - [feb 22] to supply IBM contact person (not UBM)
    • Isam - [feb 24] create .jo University list of contacts/names/emails/org
    • Isam - [feb 24] to generate/mail a list of sites for banner deployment
    • El/Na - [feb 27] to compile a global todo list
    • Isam - [ASAP] to update the Gnome tree and document the procedure
    • Isam - to probe motken.com on license and beg for their fonts
    • Elzubeir - incorporate charter changes
    •  ?? - regenerate the task list (& project manager ?)
    •  ?? - to translate arabeyes.org's static pages
    • All - setup a time/place to discuss tr#9

Feb 20, 2003 (Thursday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 10:00 PM (UTC) [1:00 AM+day (.bh)] BR

  • Charter modifications
    • We all agreed on them previously, Isam was supposed to make minor modifications to it (as per our agreement)
    • Elzubeir will make them now (just verifying what they are)
    • Declare date of it being effective
  • New Core Nomination (depends on charter being said and done)
    • Elzubeir would like to nominate new member
    • Name will be announced at meeting
  • University meetings/campaign (arabeyes centric)
    • What's the experiance been in .jo ?
    • How best to proceed ?
  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • Isam - regenerate the task list (& project manager ?)
    •  ?? - to translate arabeyes.org's static pages
    • All - setup a time/place to discuss tr#9
    • Isam - create University list of contacts/names/emails/org in .jo
    • Isam - to supply IBM contact person (not UBM)
    • Mohammed/Nadim - to compile a global todo list of things to be done
    • Isam - to update the Gnome tree and document the procedure
    • Isam - to probe motken.com on license and beg for their fonts
    • Isam - to generate/mail a list of sites for banner deployment
    • Mohammed - query arabeyes' sysadmin about transfer ability
    • Nadim - look into arablug.org and someone to administer it

Feb 10, 2003 (Tuesday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 10:00 PM (UTC) [1:00 AM+day (.bh)] BR

  • Arabeyes Future (Proposal)
  • OLD TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • => Isam - regenerate the task list (& project manager ?)
    • => Mohammed - (Dec 20) to add an Arabic tag/link on webpages
    • => Isam - propose a rating system to get more 'doc' progress
    • => All - setup a time/place to discuss tr#9
    • => Nadim - to mail Isam his list of Universities/people he spammed
    • => Isam - to start thinking and setting up University meetings
  • NEW TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • => Isam - to supply IBM contact person (not UBM)
    • => Mohammed/Nadim - to compile a global todo list of things to be done
    • => Mohammed - to query hicham publicly about his acceptance of the job
    • => Isam - to update the Gnome tree and document the procedure
    • => Mohammed - to post to 'doc' noting coordinators & plans/status need
    • => Nadim - to update the Vim docs and mail a new patch ASAP
    • => Nadim - to mail arabia.com for potential work-together avenues
    • => Isam - to probe motken.com on license and beg for their fonts
    • => Isam - to generate/mail a list of sites for banner deployment

Feb 4, 2003 (Tuesday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 10:00 PM (UTC) [1:00 AM (BH)] BR

  • Survival Catch-up ?
    • Need mechanism to survive without a core'ite (passwords - webpage, sf.net)
    • Hosting/Machine status (how to push it ?)
    • Progress and lack of work - how to change (task based) ?
  • Projects
    • Translation (hicham contact ?)
    • Vim traction, what next (replies ?)
    • Duali status ?
    • Arabia.com chat ideas ?
    • motken.com fonts
    • banners deployment (on arabeyes.org too ?)
  • Arabeyes Future (Proposal)
  • OLD TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • => Isam - regenerate the task list (& project manager ?)
    • => Mohammed - (Dec 20) to add an Arabic tag/link on webpages
    • => Isam - propose a rating system to get more 'doc' progress
    • => All - setup a time/place to discuss tr#9
    • => All - procedure for status from non-core coordinators ?
    • => Nadim - to mail Isam his list of Universities/people he spammed
    • => Isam - to start thinking and setting up University meetings

Dec 24, 2002 (Tuesday)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #ae-core BR Time: 5:00 PM (CDT) BR

  • KDE-i18n Project status
    • emailed Hicham and he said he already told Isam he was busy????
  • OSS Left-overs
    • we still don't have the full presentation that was presented at the conference
  • OSS Leads
    • IBM/UBM -- finish off our request list
    • OpenNet -- interested in duali (who to contact and to proceed)
    • Saudi LUG -- how to further cooperate (assign liaison and pursue same line as with universities?)

Dec 6, 2002 (Friday)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #ae-core BR Time: 5:30 PM (CDT) BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • => Isam - regenerate the task list (& project manager ?)
    • => Mohammed - (Dec 20) to add an Arabic tag/link on webpages
    • => Isam - propose a rating system to get more 'doc' progress
    • => All - setup a time/place to discuss tr#9
    • => All - procedure for status from non-core coordinators ?
    • => Nadim/Mohammed - To mail Isam ideas/expectations on OSS
    • => Isam/Mohammed - exact content of message to post as "PR" note
    • => Isam - (Dec 12) post an arabic "PR" (arabeyes' OSS invitation)
    • => Mohammed - (Dec 12) post an english "PR" (arabeyes' OSS invitation)
    • => Nadim - to mail Isam his list of Universities/people he spammed
    • => Isam - to start thinking and setting up University meetings
  • Projects that Arabeyes hosts
    • Will Arabeyes be an SF for apps with Arabic interface ?
    • Relevance of new projects to Arabeyes' goals
  • OSS Conference
    • Status ?
    • Presentation, screenshots, handouts ?
  • Translation status
    • Hicham (KDE) ?
    • Isam (Gnome) ?
    • Can someone do the full_word list (a letter a person ?)
  • Open issues
    • Isam's personal plans ?
    • Project status/needs ?
    • Site Mirror
    • Arabic site ?
    • More "core'ites" ?

Nov 22, 2002 (Friday)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #ae-core BR Time: 5:30 PM (CDT) BR

  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • => Nadim - kick off University campaign
    • => Mohammed - regenerate the task list (& project manager ?)
    • => Isam - propose a rating system or similar to get more progress
    • => Isam - come up with an able replacement for his 'doc' duties
    • => All - (by Dec 1, 2002) to read tr#9; restart bidi/shaping thread
    • => Mohammed - to supply a "ain"/"arabic" link on static pages
    • => Nadim - to supply Isam with first cut of all static arabic pages
    • => All - What should be done in IBM's regard (l4a post)
  • The 'doc'/translation dilemma
    • Are there _any_ serious translators ?
  • The Amman OSS conference
    • Status, progress, contact
    • Plan ?
    • Expected outcome ?
    • PR blitz - how ?
  • The University campaign
    • With almost no responses, what next ?
  • Open issues
    • Isam's personal plans ?
    • Project status/needs ?
    • Site Mirror
    • Arabic site ?
    • More "core'ites" ?

Oct 4, 2002 (Friday)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #ae-core BR Time: 5:30 PM (CDT) BR

  • Talk, catch-up, congrat Isam on his Graduation :-)
    • Stress fun in all we are about to do (a MUST :-)
    • What does the future hold now that the boys are out of school ?
  • Arabeyes and the future
    • What direction should we proceed in (goal for one year) ?
      • University campaign (when ?)
    • What general enhancements can take place ?
    • Linux4arab vote notes 60% of voters wanting to help (188 voted), how best to gain their help ?
  • Open issues
    • Bidi and shaping; Behdad/Roozbeh mailed, what came of it ?
    • We have no presence on fribidi's mailing-list, we all should subscribe
      • Have we all read UAX #9 (www.unicode.org)
    • Arabeyes and backups/mirror
    • Arabeyes during Mohammed's move back home - initial plan ?
    • Logo, yeah that dead-horse :-/
    • The not so funny joke, Arabeyes Site only in English

June 26, 2002 (Tuesday)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #ae-core BR Time: 4:00 PM (CDT) BR

  • CHARTER Ratification
    • Has already been voted on
    • remaining item is --> General Coordinator election
    • MUST BE DONE NOW -- headache or not
  • Review of what we have done in the past few months
  • ACE
    • Desoky has been assigned coordination
    • Said will be done by July 1, 2002
  • Names -- who owns those names?
    • Policies on 'naming' projects and who 'owns' a name
  • Ogranization
    • Core members -- what about sleeping members?
    • What to do when a member has to leave for extended periods (backup plans)
    • Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

May 14, 2002 (Tuesday)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #ae-core BR Time: 4:00 PM (CDT) [21:00 GMT] BR

  • Unfinished items (from last meeting)
    • Action Items done ?
  • Global TODO
    • complete ?
    • next phase; prioritize and then global scrutiny for completeness
  • Scatter affect
    • Why are there Arabic efforts outside of Arabeyes' reach ?
    • How to bring Mandrake/OpenOffice translators under our umbrella ?
    • How to better cater to those who left (why) ?
  • Need popular distro support
    • The backing of a distro is becoming essential to press our case, no ?
  • Recruit (status/plan)
    • Universities
    • LUGs
    • Magazines/Journals ?
  • Implementing the Charter:
    • voting for GC
    • implemeting different charter aspects
    • making the TODO lists public (In the site)
  • Representation in Standardization Organizations
    • AINC
    • Li18nux (Linux Internationalization www.li18nux.org) -- join
    • m17n.org -- join

Apr 17, 2002 (Wednesday)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #ae-core BR Time: 6:00PM (CDT) [4pm pst|1am amman] BR

  • Roadmap [global TODO list]
    • must have a preliminary todo list out _ASAP_
    • this has been asked about by several people already
  • ACE
    • is linux4arab still not responsive?
    • move to linux-egypt to maintain it?
  • Gnome l10n
    • brief review of what has been done so far
    • when do we make a significant move toward translation?
  • Did you say 'khattat'?
  • ZEIN status
    • Liaison - Isam Bayazidi
    • Whatever was the outcome of our communication
  • Misc. items
    • establish contacts with major linux vendors (RH/SuSe/Mdk/Slack/etc)
    • contact edu institutions

Feb 4, 2002 (Monday)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #ae-core BR Time: 3:00PM (CDT) BR

  • Unfinished items (from last meeting)
  • HaydarLinux status
    • what are we waiting for?
  • Duali
    • Status
    • Timetable?
  • ACE
    • Deadline passed, nothing happened ?
  • Translation status
    • KDE
    • Gnome
  • Licenses -- what goes and what doesn't
    • Proposed: case-by-case basis, and core votes to decide
    • Vote (follow procedure in outlining ideas for review)
  • Misc
    • Other projects.. qamoose, edara, akka

Jan 24, 2002 (Thu)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #ae-core BR Time: 3:00PM (CDT) BR

  • Unfinished items (from last meeting)
    • Action Items met ?
  • Distro project issues
    • Clear action plan ("we do, they do" priority list) ?
    • Should we contact others for help (.sa lug, PPTech (core Nov-2001))
  • PayPal
    • How to best deploy to get best response
    • Company support; any inside contacts (RH/Debian/IBM/Acer) ?
  • Projects status (deadlines)
    • Xfree86 (fonts, xkb, flag)
    • KDE/GNOME translation
    • Edara
    • Arabic Spell checking
    • QaMoose
    • VIM
  • Updating/setting the projects list
  • Arabic numerals vs. Hindi numerals
    • Which is 'optional' and which is 'default'?
  • ACE
    • Status ?
  • Reaching Universities
    • Univ list & email list compiled ?
  • "sit-in" public demonstration thoughts/approaches (mozilla)
    • Will go underground - forum list (how/who/where)
  • Arabeyes in Arabic (Translating the Website)
    • Should we ask for help from 1-2 translators from 'doc' ?

Jan 10, 2002 (Thu)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #ae-core BR Time: 3:00PM (CDT) BR

  • Unfinished items (old business)
    • Project/Task manager decision
    • PayPal status
    • Logo status
    • msgmerge
    • Action Items met ?
  • ACE (Arabiclinux Contributor and Evangelist of the Month)
    • who replied?
    • where do we stand now?
  • Project priorities/status
    • xfree86 fonts
    • spell-checker
    • gnome
    • vim

Jan 3, 2002 (Thu)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #ae-core BR Time: 3:00PM (CDT) BR

  • Project/Task management system
    • homebrewed vs. existing products (which) ?
    • Who/when/how?
  • Contributor of the Month
    • linux4arab stance ?
    • What now ?
  • PayPal -- donations
    • Where to go from here?
    • How to get funds rolling?
    • How to maintain transparency on where does this money go?
  • Meetings (time and location)
    • Monthly basis? Every first Friday of the month?
    • Change channel to #ae-core and register it too (#arabeyes is now public)
  • Core team
    • How to pick-n-choose, criteria, current STAND-OUTs ?
    • Proposal for an additional member
  • Logo
    • What now ?
    • Post to Artistic Arabic Newsgroups ?
  • PR
    • What ultimate goal do we want ?
    • Newspaper/univ/company list, contact email addresses ?
    • How can external people/volunteers help ?
  • Translation Issues
    • Mvoing to Gnome. When ? Kdebase is about to be done.
    • cron the KDE merge .. msgmerge
  • IRC.Social meeting outcomes
  • Arabeyes HOWTOs and integrating them to linuxdoc ?!
  • On ground Arabeyes meetings all over the world. (Arabeyes Advocation)


Dec. 13, 2001 (Thu)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #arabeyes BR Time: 3:00PM (CDT) BR

  • KDE stagnation
    • KDE mother-ship updates (need their tools locally)
    • How best to motivate all ?
    • Process still a mystery to some - Why ?
    • Process still deemed difficult to others - Why ?
  • VIM
    • Status/Issues
    • Release
  • Ispell
    • Status/Issues - who's working on it ?
  • Akka
    • On track for Nov 26 test-release ?
    • Graphical thoughts - when ?
  • Website
    • CSS
    • Bugtracking system
    • Clean-up of apache 'error' file (and code generating it)
    • Mirror (when ?)
  • Take on Mozilla, really ????
    • Contact Maha in IBM.Egypt
    • Patch distribution for Mozilla (if they continue to refuse to incorporate Maha's patches on to future releases.)
  • Volunteers
    • List of names, emails and skillset online (update registration ??)
    • How best to direct them --> task list on our end ?
      • FAQ-o-Matic ;)
    • Work needs to be interesting to them and useful for us.
      • Perhaps a score chart of highest commits to CVS, and then categorizing based on involvement (doc/develop/admin/etc).
  • Misc
    • Logo status ??
    • Newpaper article about us (Scan, URL ?)
    • Haydar - his distro, his wants/needs and the carrot ($) ?
    • IBM's arabic distro and what that means to arabeyes (action/stance) ?
    • Saudi Lug - why no communication (el-katib ?) ?
      • Can we do something together to improve relations (joint project)
      • Their thoughts on "our" projects
    • Yasser (the UN guy) needs to get plugged into QaMoose - ideas ?
    • Service Arm to Arabeyes to tackle IT gulf community ?

Nov. 8, 2001 (Thu)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #arabeyes BR Time: 3:00PM (CDT) BR

  • Recovery
    • vim -- who's in charge?
    • timetable
  • QaMoose-->DICT
    • nadim or solicit for help?
    • timetable
  • Akka
    • what exactly is missing?
    • x support, when? (important)
    • Timetable
  • Site
    • stylesheets -- low priority still
    • gnats -- (alternatives?)
  • Misc
    • old business
    • new business

Oct. 25, 2001 (Thu)

Place: irc.openprojects.net #arabeyes BR Time: 3:00PM (CDT) BR


  • VIM Status
    • what is the problem?
    • release date? deadlines?
  • KDE Status
    • activity revival
    • incentives?
  • QaMoose Status
    • linguists? recruitment?
    • question of qualification (admin privs)
    • legal issues
    • description (of words) - what are the rules?
  • Akka Status
    • packaging solutions (deb,rpm)
    • redhat compatibility? resolved?
  • (Aspell) Status
    • any progress?
    • what is the direction?
  • Site Maintenance
    • stylesheet review
    • more mysql integration?
    • Gnats? aliases issue
  • Academia Involvement
    • involving university professors
    • college student recruitment
  • Campaign plan
    • Mozilla
      • time for campaign?
      • ver. 1.0 release approaches (still bad arabic support)
  • Misc.
    • Hydar position
    • old business
    • new business