Core minutes

From ويكي عربآيز
Jump to: navigation, search

This is a collection of meeting minutes (what conclusions where made, what was discussed and what was agreed upon). This will be a running history marker of Arabeyes' meetings (include a title, specifying location, participants, date, and any other details).

Feb. 24, 2004 (Tuesday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core

Time: 06:00 AM (UTC) [10:00 PM (pacific)]

  • Participants:
    • MohammedElzubeir
    • YoucefRabahRahal
    • NadimShaikli


  • TODO/Action-Item status
    • (./) [ASAP] Mohammed to start a thread on 'developer' on BiCon (release ?)
    • Mohammed says that Karouri said it should be coming out soon.
    • [ASAP] Anmar to recommend latin font for Nadim to use (license OK ?)
    • Anmar absent.
    • (./) [ASAP] Nadim to conduct Q1.2004 ACE interview
    • (./) [ASAP] Anyone to find missing "click.ae" interview video (.sa LUG ?)
    • Youcef sent Mohammed's mail address to the Saudi LUG so that they send a 'video tape' to him ;-)
    • [Feb 29] Anmar to have all configs in localcvs
    • Anmar absent.
    • [Feb 29] Anmar to have Arabbix docs/process in CVS (partly)
    • Anmar absent.
    • [Feb 29] Mohammed to release C++ port of duali
    • Mohammed says there will be progress.
    • [Feb 29] Nadim to release ITL
    • Nadim says ITL awaits changes from samy. Mohammed says tht Nadim should make more pressure. Nadim says "I'll try".
    • [Mar 15] Mohammed to complete moayyad's sample chapter using XML/SGML
    • Mohammed says that there is not much to do on this subject.
    • [Mar 15] Youcef to outline a task-list of web things to do (direct workers)
    • Not due yet.
  • Administrative issues
    • (./) Arabeyes Core emails (@arabeyes.org -- requirement?)
    • Mohammed and Youcef insist that we (core) should use our 'official' email addresses when sending Arabeyes related stuff.
    • Nadim says he does not really see this as a priority.
    • Finally, all agree that we'll have to use @arabeyes.org emails.
    • (./) Dropping SGML for XML for all documentation
    • Mohammed says that this is natural and obvious.
    • (./) Use Wiki for meeting minutes/agendas ?
    • Nadim make some more resistence ;-) But all finally agreed that this should be a rule.
    • Nadim said that he'll continue to use CVS in parallal for Agenda/Minutes.
    • Backups happening nightly ?
    • Anmar absent.
    • (./) Swish-e resolved (importance of dead-links) ?
  • Donations/Banking/Finances
    • Bank status (account ready) ?
    • Not yet. Mohammed did not have a chance to go to the bank.
  • Press and PR
    • Thoughts on how best to make alot more noise to get noticed ?
    • Nadim notes that there have been a couple of threads on the mailing lists.
    • Mohammed and Youcef note that we don't have enough time to really take care of that seriously. The outcome is not very important either.
    • Mohammed notes that we should focus on the 'work'. Noise will come naturally.
    • Youcef notes that Arabeyes has many 'lurkers'. They should make more noise.
    • Nadim says that if we made more noise, it could motivate people.
    • Nadim says that we could elect a person to take care of the PR for a month. The job would be rotational.
    • All agree that we should try to make noise /focus on 'attractive' projects: GNOME/KDE (l10n in general), Duali (and its integration in OOo)...
  • Last minute items
    • Mohammed will try to contact the KDE coordinator ;-)
    • Nadim notes that we should look into elections inside the Core Team, as it will ease the 'renewal of blood'.
    • Mohammed notes that there's is a charter for that. We'll probably have to amend it.
    • Mohammed and Youcef agree that it is somehow premature at this stage (in case we rotate core membership).
    • Mohammed notes that we should quickly start working on the charter, as it may take a long time to take shape.

Feb 16, 2004 (Monday)

Place: irc.freenode.net #ae-core BR Time: 06:00 AM (UTC) [10:00 PM (pacific)] BR

  • Participants:
    • MohammedElzubeir
    • AnmarOueja
    • YoucefRabahRahal
    • NadimShaikli
  • TODO/Action-Item status ?
    • (./) [ASAP] Anyone get missing press articles (2 lost + german one + newsforge)
    • (./) [Feb 09] Anmar to point art.arabeyes.org to sina (vhosts apache)
    • [Feb 11] Mohammed to complete moayyad's sample chapter using XML/SGML
    • Will instead start thread with DocBook folks to understand problem.
    • [Feb 13] Anmar to have all configs in localcvs
    • Post-dated to Feb. 29
    • [Feb 13] Anmar to have Arabbix docs/process in CVS (partly)
    • Post-dated to Feb. 29
    • (./) [Feb 13] Nadim to look over the dictd logs, scripts and process
    • (./) [Feb 16] Mohammed to modifiy/update developer guidelines
  • Donations/Banking/Finances
    • What/How/When ? What about the .ae bank ? Done ?
    • Mohammed notes Dubai Islamic Bank is an option but would rather go with Meshriq bank.
    • Mohammed promises to keep Core posted on developments.
    • PHP code ready for "donations - expenditures = balance" ?
    • Youcef notes it is relatively easy to do.
    • Nadim notes wanting forms for Core to fill-in expenditures, etc.
    • Elzubeir asks Nadim to take this to 'admin' list for details
  • Project updates/status
    • Arabbix
    • => Anmar to post info/docs by Feb. 29
  • Fonts
    • Nadim notes waiting for Anmar to show him what Latin font to use
    • => Anmar to recommend latin font for Nadim to use as basis
  • Duali
    • => Mohammed maintains Feb. 29 deadline for C++ port.
  • BiCon
    • Mohammed notes not knowing what's going on with BiCon anymore
    • => Mohammed to start a thread on 'developer' to revive discussion
  • Various issues
    • 2004 Q1 Ace ? Nominations ?
    • Core unanimously nominate <anonymous>.
    • => Nadim to conduct interview and done with by Feb. 29
  • Backups happening nightly ?
    • Anmar tries to weasel his way out of this task
    • Mohammed and Youcef insist that no one but Anmar should do it.
    • Anmar promises to look into it soon.