|Start date||Jan 31, 2002|
Duali, named after the legendary founder of the Arabic grammar (Abul Aswad al Du'ali - d. 688), is an Arabic spell-checker that is designed to accommodate to the Arabic language (and extendible to other non-Arab based languages as well).
- Duali is written under the BSD license.
- General Links
- http://www.ccse.kfupm.edu.sa/~husni/ICS484/WebPAges/Munawes/Aracbic.htm* OpenOffice Spellchecking Implementation
- Implementing a Spell Checker
- Linguistics HOWTO
- Duali screenshots
- Duali - The Arabic Spell Checker
- duali ver 0.2.0 - Arabic spell checker [source]
- duali ver 0.1.1 - Arabic spell checker [source]
- duali ver 0.1.1 - Arabic spell checker [debian]
- duali ver 0.1b - Arabic spell checker [source]
- duali ver 0.1a - Arabic spell checker [source]* Duali - Dictionary Data
- duali-data-0.1b - Arabic dictionary and data files (GPL) [source]
- duali-data-0.1b - Arabic dictionary and data files (GPL) [debian]* Dictionary Generater [obsolete]
- gendic ver 0.1 - Dictionary generator to create a compact Arabic dictionary for Duali.
|ID||Due Date||Priority||State||Assigned To||Description|
|2003-04-16||Normal||Done||Switch db library|
|2003-08-01||Normal||Pending||Start porting pyduali to C|
Contribute by choosing an unassigned todo ("Assigned To"=None) or a shared todo ("Assigned To"=All).
(Mar 28, 2004)
(Dec 11, 2003)
Duali ver 0.2.0 is now released. It mainly consists of several bug-fixes and clean-ups. A more detailed changelog is available here.
(Dec 09, 2003)
(Oct 05, 2003)
A port in Gentoo Linux for Duali 0.1.1 is now available (as of Sep. 23, 2003), see bug #26908.
(Sep 01, 2003)
(Aug 24, 2003)
The Debian packages for Duali have been uploaded and are being processed. This is the ITP bug #202940.
(Aug 19, 2003)
(Jul 06, 2003)
pyduali 0.1.1 released. Please refer to this post for more details.
(Apr 22, 2003)
Duali ver 0.1b released. New features include:
- Multiple encoding support
- Configuration file
(Apr 08, 2003)
(Mar 14, 2003)
Finally, Duali now has an official logo, designed by Abdelmalek Lahmar. Many thanks!
Tentative alpha release data reset to April 1, 2003.
(Mar 06, 2003)
After some communication with Tim Buckwalter, some reconsiderations are being made to the overall algorithm (the use of roots vs. stems as a basis for the dictionary).
The new tentative alpha release of duali is set to March 25, 2003.
(Nov 10, 2002)
Mohammed Kebdani has semi-finalized the way by which all the tables for the forms and derivatives will be drawn out.
(Oct 22, 2002)
Mr. Kebdani and Elzubeir will use a different dictionary as the main source of input.
For more information, please read this post.
(Sep 07, 2002)
After receiving a full Arabic dictionary (book), several issues came to light.
A general call for volunteers (among other things) can be found in this post.
(Aug 11, 2002)
The status report is outlined in this post.
More details on problems are in this post.
(Jun 01, 2002)
Imported initial code to CVS. However, please note that the imported code is broken.
Duali is now under the implementation phase.
(Apr 17, 2002)
Started on stripping words to their root -- still not accurate enough (will use morpho3 as a basis).
Will get back to it once school gives me a break.
(Jan 31, 2002)