Words of the Week
The arabic technical dictionary aims to translate and standardise technical terms that are used in software translation. It is an effort to unify the terms used across all projects and to present the user with consistant and understandable interfaces.
It is highly recommended that you contribute even if you do not have high bilingual or technical skills. We mainly translate for non technical people, so your opinion as feedback is highly valued.
Native english speakers are also welcome: you can explain the origin of the word and rule out unsuitable equivalents that don't convey the right meaning.
An offline version of this technical dictionary is available: Download technical dictionary.
- All terms have a term page (the main one, example techdict:Abort), and a talk page (e.g techdict talk:Abort. Use the main page to suggest the term.
- On any page, click "edit" at the top to contribute.
- Please use the talk page to discuss your suggested term, and why you have suggested it. Please use wiki signatures (the button before the last on the edit page).
- If you suggest multiple words, separate them with "::", example:
قفل :: غلق
Unfortunatly, yes, there are pages that don't follow this. Feel free to correct them.
- Categorising the terms is a very good thing, read lexicons for some insight.
- Feel free to register with your name.